The Holiday Home Awards were instigated in 2015 and now covers Europe and Latin America as a means to showcase the diversity and quality of holiday homes available for short term rental.
The Awards are given to individual Holiday Homes that provide for a unique and high-quality holiday experience for the average holiday guest. The Holiday Home must be freely available for rent for a significant period of the year.
- An award will be handed out for holiday homes in 8 separate categories (see below) in two continents/regions and a number of countries.
- All houses for short-term rental can be nominated for the holiday homes for awards.
- The nominating party may determine which categories to enter for each individual house.
- In order to broaden the contest, any one holiday home may only be nominated in a maximum of 3 categories
- An expert jury selects a group of finalists amongst the nominated houses in each category, giving due concern to geographical diversity
- The winners will be selected from the finalists by jury vote.
- The jury will consist of representatives appointed by the organizing trade associations.
- Each jury member will submit the following points in each category: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.
- Points are awarded based on the presentation of the Holiday Home on the website where it can be rented and the description submitted as part of the nomination. (I.e. the individual houses will not be visited by expert jury or judges)
- The winner in each category will be the holiday home with the most points.
- The Award is open to nominations until August 2021
- The winners of the 2021 awards will be announced at VITUR and EXPOVR in October and November 2021.
Categories and criteria
- Best Accessible Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides high quality facilities and opportunities for persons with disabilities
- Best Family Friendly Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home and the surroundings provide high quality facilities and opportunities especially suited for families with children
- Best Green Energy Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is sustainable in terms of a low impact on the environment
- Best Health and Wellness Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provide high quality facilities and opportunities for health and wellness
- Best Holiday Home at the Beach
- The Holiday Home is located on the coast, near the waterfront, and provide an opportunity to enjoy the seaside, the water, beach life etc.
- Best Holiday Home in Capital City
- The Holiday Home is located in a regional or national capital. It should enable the visitor to enjoy city life and the special ambience and characteristics of the city where it is located.
- Best Pet Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides high quality facilities and opportunities for families with pets
- Best Luxury Holiday Home
- The ultimate in luxury. Kindly sponsored by THIRDHOME.com
- Best Technological Holiday Home
- Making the maximum use of technology to improve your guest's experience.
- Best Holiday Home at the Country
- Get away from the crowds and enjoy the rural areas.
- The nominated houses must be of a high standard, and must be presented on the website in a manner which reflects the actual features of the house
- Points are awarded based on the presentation of the Holiday Home on the website where it can be rented and the description submitted as part of the nomination. (I.e. the individual houses will not be visited by expert jury or judges.) The points reflect some or all the following elements:
- Photography / Video
- Accreditations (star grading, awards)
- Quality and completeness of description
- Social Media