The European Holiday Home Association, EHHA, is thrilled to announce the launch of the 2018 Holiday Home Awards.
The Award highlights the great quality and enormous diversity in the short-term holiday home rental market for tourist in Europe.
More than 20 million beds are available in European holiday homes, providing fantastic multitude of choice of accommodation from the Northern tip of Norway to the isles of Greece for groups, individuals and families travelling on holiday. Through the internet, the houses and apartments are just a few clicks away from millions of travelers and tourists, and by allowing their holiday home to be rented by others, the owners are proactively promoting a better use of resources, giving the tourists a wider range of choice as well as improving the economic development in the area.
Facts about the awards
The European Holiday Home Association (www.ehha.eu) wants to showcase fantastic examples of the holiday home rental products, and has therefore instigated the European Holiday Home Awards in 2015
The Best European Holiday Home has 14 categories:
- Best Unique Spot Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is unique placed, and integrates the setting in the experience of living in the home
- Best Holiday Home Beach House
- The Holiday Home is located on the coast, near the waterfront, and provide an opportunity to enjoy the seaside, the water, beach life etc.
- Best Holiday Home in European Capital
- The Holiday Home is located in a regional or national capital. It should enable the visitor to enjoy city life and the special ambience and characteristics of the city where it is located.
- Best Family Friendly Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home and the surroundings provide high quality facilities and opportunities especially suited for families with children
- Best Green Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is sustainable in terms of a low impact on the environment
- Best Accessible Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides high quality facilities and opportunities for persons with disabilities
- Best Pet Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides high quality facilities and opportunities for families with pets
- Best Health and Wellness Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provide high quality facilities and opportunities for health and wellness
- Best Unique House Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is extraordinary and unusual in a manner that makes staying there a unique and unforgettable experience
- Best Winter Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides the ideal setting for a winter vacation for a family
- Best Architecture & Design Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is unique designed – either externally, internally or both – making living in the home a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- Best Budget Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides an opportunity for a less affluent family to enjoy a fantastic vacation. This entails that the price for renting the house (4 people for 7 days) should not exceed € 1.000 in peak season (including all fees, taxes and charges)
- Best Nature Experience Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home is unique placed in a nature setting and provides an opportunity to experience the outdoors. The house does not necessarily include all amenities.
- Best Romantic Escape Holiday Home
- The Holiday Home provides the ideal setting for a couple’s retreat.
The Awards are given to individual holiday homes that provide for a unique and high-quality holiday experience.
An expert jury selects a group of finalists amongst the nominated houses in each category, and the winners are selected from the finalists by a vote amongst representatives from each national trade association member of the EHHA.