As a way to generate more public awareness about the benefits of holiday home renting in Europe, the EHHA is thrilled to announce the Holiday Home Awards 2016.
The purpose of the awards is to showcase excellent examples of our products – all winners will be featured on our website. Additionally, the awards will promote the EHHA as a European trade association
- A number of awards will be instituted based on specific rental criteria. Each type of holiday home will have distinctive categories, such as ”Green”, ”Family friendly”, ”Pet”, etc.
- Each contestant will determine which category to enter.
- The winners will be selected from the pool of entries by jury vote.
- The jury will consist of one representative from each national trade association member of the EHHA.
- Each jury member will submit the following points in each category: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.
- The winner will be the holiday home with the most votes.
- All members of EHHA or companies who are members of trade associations within the EHHA can nominate holiday homes for awards.
- Entries will take place from 8 April to 27 May 2016.
- On 27 September 2016 the winners will be announced at an EHHA event in Brussels.
- Best Holiday Home in Europe
- Best Holiday Home in European Capital (regional or national capitals)
- Best Holiday Home Beach House
- Best Holiday Home family friendly
- Best Green Holiday Home
- Best Pet Holiday Home
- Best Health and Wellness Holiday Home
- Best Unique Spot Holiday Home
- Best Accessible Holiday Home
Our expert jury
George is the editor of Serviced Apartment News, and has more than 15 years' experience as a hospitality, property and travel journalist. He regularly contributes to a wide range of international publications and websites.
Niki Christian Nutsch
Niki Christian Nutsch (MBA) is the founder and director of Nutsch & Associates, a specialized research, consulting, and training practice, serving the vacation home and resort industry. In addition, he is a guest lecturer at universities and business schools throughout Europe, and frequently invited to deliver keynote speeches, presentations, and seminars at industry conferences. An active researcher, he has been researching consumer behaviour in tourism and success factors of self-catering vacation homes. Niki has been appointed member of the Technical Expert Panel for Eurostars, a joint programme between EUREKA and the European Commission, where he provides objective assessments of tourism and hospitality projects. Together with his wife, he owns and operates vacation rentals in Spain and Italy. www.nutsch.co.uk
Jacob R. Kirkegaard Larsen, PhD
Jacob is Manager for the Destination Development Team at The Danish Coastal and Nature Tourism Foundation, a national organization recentlig established with the purpose to promote economic growth within a tourism industry highly dominated by holiday home renters. As part of his PhD study, Jacob did research within family holiday experiences in relation to short-term rented holiday homes and examined the opportunities for developing the holiday home and the holiday home destinations accordingly. Finally, Jacob is external examiner at the MA-study in Tourism at Aalborg University.